Sunday, August 14, 2005

The Poetry of Spam

I don't know about you, but my inbox has changed. Gone are the days of "Wet hot sluts!", "Barely legal", and "XXX Britney". Today, the spammers are waxing poetic. Not intentionally, of course. I know that they are using some sort of randomizer for words so that they can slip by spam blockers undetected. But like the times in 3rd grade when I imagined that the patterns in the ice on my school bus window were drawn just for me by some kind soul who rode the bus before me (I sure was lonely that year!), I like to think of some brilliant poet carefully crafting these absurd yet beautiful subject lines. Hey, if they can make the utterances of Donald Rumsfeld into poetry, anything is possible!

Here are some of my favorites:

Re: Or sing as symmetry operative
Re: At look so deft ornithology
Have close so obituary
As forget or snail costumier
Be think is attrition
The speak by tinderbox
I fall be genealogy recycle
He type he outrange chalk
I play go flux.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm right there with you. Spam has also begin to produce ideas for band names. . .

Anonymous said...

Yeah, spam poetry is the best. I have been saving these weird emails in their own folder, because I find them strangely beautiful.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails