Monday, August 21, 2006

What I Will Miss About Boston

1) my beloved Citgo sign, seen here by day



and pre-renovation by night



2) walking - not really acceptable or practical in LA

3) Jamaica Plain - the place I've lived longest in my life, where you'll always run into someone you know on Centre Street, home of Jamaica Pond, the Arboretum, Forest Hills Cemetery, and Franklin Park

4) JP Licks - at the rare hour when there were no screaming children; my favorite cake ever: oreo ice cream cake

5) Fat Ram's Pumpkin Tattoo Source of all my tattoos (though some are from before tattooing was legalized); you can see a picture of my waves on his color page

6) Central Square - even though it was completely gentrified in the 90s, Central Square is still a great place, and my home away from home: Green Street Studios, the Dance Complex, Harvest Co-Op, The Middle East, TTs, many great restaurants, I could go on and on...

7) the White Mountains - ok, this is New England, not Boston... we were unable to hike there this summer due to my foot surgery... looking forward to hiking it again in the future

There's so much more, but I need to finish packing as we hit the road at 6 am.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails