Friday, June 25, 2010

OMG! Like Heroes, for Dancers!

I'm sure my dance media colleagues are already on top of what is billed as "the first online dance adventure," the upcoming web series The Legion of Extraordinary Dancers. From what I've seen and read so far, there is also a lot to think about in terms of who and what types of dance get to be considered "extraordinary" (primarily hiphop dancers, b-boys, and not many girls). But what I'm most excited about is that it brings together two of my favorite things: dance and science fiction. Watch the trailer below, and don't skip over creator Jon M. Chu's introduction - it's key to the construction of dancers as superheroes. I can't wait for the premiere July 7 on Hulu. Bonus: we'll get to see Harry Shum, Jr., a choreographer for and member of The LXD, be more than Glee window dressing! (That's a topic for a later post.)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails